The Smart Alternative
LINDE’S APPROVED TRUCKS ARE REFURBISHED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARDS
At Linde, used equipment is refurbished on the basis of a standardized process. Specially trained Linde technicians diligently work through the refurbishment process in specialized regional reconditioning centers or at selected local Linde service locations. If a part needs to be replaced, the technician only ever installs durable Linde original spare parts. Only once a forklift has successfully passed through the entire process does it receive the ‘Approved Truck’ seal of quality. To break it down, the process consists of the following steps:
1. Transparent truck history: As a rule, approved used forklifts are selected returns from Linde’s own short term and long term rental fleets, which have been regularly serviced by Linde technicians during their previous period of use. This ensures a transparent and seamless service and truck history.
2. Cleaning: Every forklift undergoes high-pressure cleaning before inspection in order to remove any remaining dirt as well as oil and grease. The truck is then ready for a detailed inspection.
3. Inspection: Experienced technicians scrutinize every component. A comprehensive visual inspection as well as a measurement and function check allow them to identify possible weaknesses on the forklift or on individual components which will require further inspection.
4. Engine check and emissions test: Linde uses the latest diagnostics equipment to put the drive unit through its paces. This way, the full engine power, operational reliability and compliance with the applicable emissions standards can be guaranteed, especially for diesel forklifts.
5. Battery and charger: The battery, together with the engine, is the centerpiece of every industrial truck. As a result, the charger and batteries of electric forklifts are carefully checked to ensure that they deliver the necessary performance. If this is not the case, the technicians replace the battery cells in full.
6. Refurbishment and repair:The technician now consults with the responsible Head of the Used Equipment department to decide whether the equipment in question is suitable for the ‘Approved Trucks’ program. If so, all mechanical and electrical components, and all safety parts in particular, are carefully checked and replaced with Linde original spare parts where necessary.
7. Painting: A first-class outer appearance is the finishing touch in the refurbishment process, ensuring careful handling by future users. That’s why forklifts receive a completely new paint job and new original Linde labels where this is required. Minor signs of wear and tear are professionally repaired and re-painted in the original color.
8. Final Inspection: The last step is a comprehensive final inspection and acceptance.
Linde provides approved used forklifts in the three refurbishment standards of Linde PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA. The main differences between them are the level of refurbishment and the warranty period. This means that you as the customer can choose the right truck for your individual operating conditions and requirements.
Linde PLUS forklifts are ideal for applications with a lower workload. The Linde SUPER category is generally suitable for medium workloads. Linde ULTRA is the right category for demanding applications with a higher workload. However, the optimum refurbishment standard for your requirements depends on a number of factors. That’s why your Linde sales partner is on hand to provide extensive advice to help you make the right choice.
The following provides an initial overview of the details and the differences between Linde PLUS, SUPER and ULTRA.
RECONDITIONING STANDARDS FOR EVERY REQUIREMENT
The Linde PLUS standard includes the following refurbishment measures and equipment features:
✪ Used forklift serviced and tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
✪ Mast, fork carriage and hydraulic system tested in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
✪ Emissions test
✪ Charger tested for electric trucks
✪ Battery in working order in electric forklifts
✪ Safety of steering axle checked
✪ Usable tires
✪ Functional electric motor
✪ Full functionality based on the local standards
✪ Good color condition and Linde labels
✪ Tested drive unitUsable driver’s seat and safety belt
✪ Operating hours counter checkedOperating instructions
✪ CE declaration of conformity
The Linde SUPER standard includes the Linde PLUS features mentioned above as well as the following points:
✪ Emissions test and compression pressure measurement for IC trucks
✪ Battery capacity of more than 70 percent
✪ Steering axle checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications
✪ Usable tires with more than 60 percent tread depth
✪ Hydrostatic unit or combi-axle checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations
✪ Re-painting in original Linde colors and Linde labels
✪ Well-maintained driver’s seat and safety belt
✪ Prongs and lift chains with wear limit at 40 percent
✪ Transparent truck history
✪ Complete transfer certificate
Warranty: 3months/250hours (certificate included)
Approved used forklifts in the Linde ULTRA category have the same features as Linde SUPER together with the following additional features:
✪ Overhauled combustion engine
✪ Overhauled electric motor
✪ Refurbished, tested and certified or new charger
✪ New battery or less than three years old with at least 80 percent capacity
✪ Completely overhauled steering axle
✪ New set of tires or at least 90 percent tread depth
✪ Flawless visual condition with full re-painting
✪ Driver’s seat and safety belt as newNew prongs or maximum 10 percent wear
✪ New lift chains or maximum 10 percent wear
✪ Bearings in the mast checked and replaced where necessary
✪ Control elements new or as new
Warranty: 6months/500hours (certificate included)
RELIABLE ALL-ROUND PACKAGE
Key Benefits of the ‘Approved Trucks’ Program:
Approved used forklifts are not just a smart alternative, but the first choice for certain companies. Approved Used Trucks offer relevant benefits depending on the specific requirements for the respective company phase or the composition of the existing fleet.
✪ Service & Support
✪ Sales Consultants
No matter if you’re looking for an electric forklift or a diesel forklift, we have the right one.
Used equipment are refurbished according to Linde’s strict quality assurance standards.